From:
Lynne D Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 17:28:09 -0500
A lot of carpet was sacrificed before my husband began bringing home
discarded chair pads from his office.  He measures the individual door
threshold, makes a template with paper, and then cuts threshold covers out
of the chair pad, which are 8" - 12" wide and fit over the threshold with
sides extending out past the edges of the door.  The "teeth" on the bottom
of the chair pad keep it from moving and the fuzzies quickly recognize the
futility of digging - hard shiny plastic is so unsatisfactory.  You can pick
up the threshold covers and hide them when company is coming.  The chair
pads in their entirety also protect large portions of the carpet in the
ferrets' room and make nice surfaces for cages with rolling wheels.

I have eight fuzzies, from pet stores, private breeders and adoptees (one
woman's fiancee said it was Misha or him.  I didn't understand the conflict -
I would have said "SEE YA" but I did get Misha, so their loss).  The latest
and by far, the biggest, is a fluffy affable sable male (from Marshall Farms
but he had been at the pet store SO long and people were picking the babies
over him) named Mista, short for Mr. Mistofflelees.  Problem is, none of the
other fuzzies like him!  I have 3 different cages/groups, and am trying to
find the best fit for him, only everyone seems intent on beating the crap
out of him.  He's not assertive, and I can only take so much rejection on
his behalf.  Any suggestions?

Ferretz Rule,
Pookie, Dreyfuss, Cody, Misha, Maxx, Luke, Chuck, and Mista (oh and =
their human, Lynne)