From:
Jennifer B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 10:47:19 -0500
Hello everyone!

First off, I wanted to express my gratitude for all of the thoughts and
condolences that came our way from FML posters about the loss of 'Possum,
my roommates (Stephanie) youngest fuzzie.  'Possum, her sweet little baby
girl, was finally laid to rest with a proper burial and funeral ceremony
this past week when Steph could muster up enough courage to do it and I
must say it was very hard on both of us, even though I'd only known
'Possum for a little over one month.  Steph has dealt with losing fuzzies
2 other times but this was a first for me and such a horrible experience,
particularly since the death was so sudden and occurred just the day
before Steph arrived back from her vacation.... There's no blame on
anyone and we're both dealing with it in our own personal ways that work
for us but it has definitely been an experience for me!

Second, thanks SO MUCH also to all of you who provided such valuable
insight into how to handle this kind of thing and the "do's and dont's"
I learned and the reassurance extended to both me and Steph.  This was
such helpful information which I (unfortunately) know I will have to call
upon eventually in the future but hopefully not anytime soon!  Though
neither blame each other for the "could have's and should have's," the
whole thing is still difficult for me to swallow because 'Possum's death
was so sudden and because of my error in improperly preserving her, a
necropsy couldn't be done so we will never be able to know why this
happened.  I'm trying to get that nagging question behind me but it's
frustrating nonetheless.

But we both still have our other fuzzies to love on and care for and
that's what we're doing.  In fact, sometimes I think that my Snowy runs
the other way when he hears me calling him... "Snowy, come to mommy for
some hugs and kisses and cuddles" I'm sure he's thinking "Oh, brother...
not AGAIN!" because he gets so squirmy and acts like I'm smothering him
to death or something!  Of course we all know that it's MOMMY that needs
the cuddles and kisses, not Snowy ;-)

Well, thanks again to everyone (and you know who you are) who helped us
through this difficult time.  I (we) so needed the encouragement at this
time because it's been more than enough of a challenge just trying to get
re-settled in our new home(s) and put the absolutely disastrous move
behind us while I also focus on job hunting and personal matters as well.

I know I can always count on my FML friends provide encouragement and
help when the chips are down and I hope I can be the same to you, too! :-)

With a grateful and heavy heart in Seattle....

Jen and Steph with the business - Sasha, Snowy, Bett & Clyde (missing our
beloved 'Possum)