From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 18:24:18 -0500
Someone mentioned my favorite theory - female badger ferrets are
hyper-active.  Every one I've seen, but one, has had this tendency.  Our
Nala is a female badger and is hyper as they come.  She'll wear out 2-3
"sets" of other ferrets and still be going strong.  She's always in the
go-mode, loves riding on my shoulder, climbing and getting into everything
she can think of.  To make it worse, Nala is one of the smartest ferrets of
the group.  That, coupled with her hyperactivity makes her a real terror.

When we first got her, we were somewhat concerned how she would get along
with our others.  I'm still wondering because when she's out she's so fast,
no one can catch her.  I've seen her literally run on the backs of the other
ferrets; that is when she's not playing jumping jack.

Anyone else notice this about female badger ferrets?

Dick B.