Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:08:20 -0400
>From:    "Nancy L. Silvernale" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: My ferret is dying
>I need you guys to tell me that when the time comes to have 1 of my little
>guys put down because of Bioduct Carcinoma, that it's going to be easier
>than it feels right now?  ...
>I guess spoil him rotten until he starts to feel/look like he did before his
>operation, and then ...

That's the best approach, in our opinion.  We went through something similar
with our Zebulon Pike, who died of lymphosarcoma earlier this year.  He'd
gone blind but was still fairly happy and could get around okay, and we fed
him by hand more "ferret soup" than I thought would have been possible.

We knew it was time when I came home to find him in the midst of a major
seizure and nothing would bring him out.

Until then, though, we all had each other.  Don't cheat yourself and him of
that time together.

>This bites...

Yep.

Steven and Colleen
Continually Matching Withs with Newone, Minx, Puck, Scamp, Taz,
                                Ranger, Rosie, and Mica
Waiting on the Other Side:  Ripple, Missy, Slinky, Zebulon Pike
+==========================================================================+
| Steven Woodcock                                  _____C .._.             |
| Hired Gun, Gameware, 3D, and AI             ____/     \___/              |
| Wyrd Wyrks Consulting                      <____/\_---\_\    "Ferretman" |
| Phone:   719-392-4746                                                    |
| E-mail: [log in to unmask]                                          |
| Web:    http://www.concentric.net/~swoodcoc/ferrets.html                 |
| Disclaimer: Yeah, I work for Lockheed-Martin Real3D....you think         |
|             anybody there ever listens to *my* opinion?  Get *serious*.  |