From:
Scott Bouza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2009 23:01:07 -0700
I am writing this at about 2am and I am so happy. For the past two
days Ruby and Buddy have been sleeping together in the cube. Ruby is
actually voluntarily getting into the cube with Buddy without issue. If
she is already in the cube and he gets in she doesn't seem to have any
problem with that either. They have been playing with one another so
great the past couple of days too.

I was sitting on the couch yesterday, Buddy was up in the cube sleeping
and Ruby was out playing. When she got tired she climbed back in the
cage got a drink and went up to the upper level of the cage. She
sniffed around the little bed that is sitting on the upper level shelf
and flipped it around for a minute. Once she was done playing with that
she stuck her head and front paws in the cube. She just sat there for a
minute or so and then jumped the rest of the way in. There was a little
bit of stirring in the cube for a couple minutes. Heads popped out a
couple of times then popped back in. There was no hissing, screaming or
cherping at all, which surprised me completely. Usually when Buddy gets
close to her she will hiss or even cherp at him to let him know to get
away...NOW!!! Once things had been settled down for about 20 minutes
I took a peek in the cube. They were both cuddled up together sound
asleep. I "squeeked", I was so elated to see that. Ruby has been coming
along so well. She has been so great with Buddy and he has been so
great with her too, giving her space when she wants it.

Just a little update in my fur babies lives. When I adopted Ruby I was
told that she didn't get along with other ferrets well and that she
would be better being a single ferret. I am glad to see that she is
coming around and has begun to accept Buddy. I still will not leave
them together unless I am home and can be right there. In fact I have
come to sleep in the recliner next to the cage just in case something
happens. It makes it easier to do that since I don't have to get up
and go to work. Just lost my job last week. Oh well, life goes on.

Thanks for listening.

Peace,
Scott