From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 14:35:51 CST6CDT
Gizzie - Good and bad news.  The prostate is larger this week and firmer.
(sigh) So it looks like surgery for Gizzie but not immediately.  We've
increased his Lysodren to 3 times a week instead of 2 and we'll see if that
helps.  Ferry and Clyde II need to have their adrenal surgeries soon so we
will schedule 1 a week with Gizzie being the 3rd week if the Lysodren
doesn't take care of his problem.  I think we still have some time for Petey
(he's the one that has the reverse mohawk on the top of his head and is
being ummm..  manly with the others).  Now the good news.  Gizzie urinates
just fine and not frequently like before.  He pees small puddles not
piddles.  :-) He also is up to 1499 grams -gained over 100 grams in one
week!  And his belly is dry!

Vets - I was thinking (I know I shouldn't do that), putty colored stools are
found in dogs with corona virus.  Our ferrets have them.  Each time I ask if
this could be a canine corona virus I'm told the virus is normally species
specific.  But ferrets get canine distemper and they catch our flu.  All
warm blooded animals can contract the rabies virus.  What makes corona virus
species specific and not the others?  Could the canine corona virus vaccine
possibly protect ferrets from ECE?

If there is one person out there that has experienced ECE after vaccinating
with a vaccine that includes corona virus then it would throw that theory
out the window, but even with the multiple vaccines you have to order
specific ones to get one containing the corona virus vaccine.  For years I
vaccinated with a 6 way but it did not include corona.  The other factor
would be - do they need to be vaccinated twice or more for protection?????

Don't worry I would never endanger a ferret for a theory.
Enquiring minds want to know.  And if I don't ask I'll always wonder.:-)

Hugs to all. tle