From:
Flemming Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 19:31:25 +0800
Due to some discussions on other mailing lists, newsgroups, boards, etc.,
I thought this issue needed to be discussed (noticed I didn't say gang up
on each other and flame the hell out of each other).

While Fox et al and many other books on ferrets suggest it is ok to breed
the domesticated ferret jill more than once a year (some state twice per
year), many breeders disagree.  Some think it is fine to do this, and
others do not.  I, personally, do not agree with the practice.  As human
mothers know, birth and nursing takes a lot out of the body.  Not only does
the jill suffer healthwise from pregnancies so close, the unborn kits do as
well.

Bob - have any "technical evidence" for us?