From:
Becki Kain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 1995 19:21:26 -0500
I forgot to mention yesterday that Dr. Schiff said that sephus's disease
was not caused by the amoxicilin, but he had thought this because he
couldn't find any record of it (wrong keyword search).  By Saturday, he
had read up on it.

Well, all this weekend, sephus had been making a recovery - the bruising
on this entire underside was fading back to peach, his skin under his
fur was changing from bright purple to lavender, to pink, which it is now,
the blood clots are gone from his gums and fingers and he's even been
eating (or at least not spitting up when when force it down) SD a/d.  But
tonight, around 5pm, he started spitting up blood.  We called the vet
immediatly who said that the disease has left his skin (ie:  the bruising
is fading) and entered his stomach.  He suggested leaving him alone for
3 hours and then doing feeding and watering again.  He
also said that is another "symptom"(?  I'm really having trouble with
words right now - neither Larry nor I have had more than 3 hours of
continous sleep since Wednsday night).  What else should I expect from this
disease?  and what do the vets on this list think of this feeding schedule
(now every 3 hours, not 2)

10-15 cc pediolyte
.5-1 tsp SD a/d

too much - not enough?