From:
jennifer hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 04:40:20 -0400
Ok, I've had enough.  Few things I want to address.  I agree with Julie,
if you don't like a shelter, don't support it.

BIG said-
>When a shelter asks for help it's not unreasonable to ask for more
>information.  There is only so much money to go around, unfortunately!

This is true, and Marguerite is very open about giving out information if
you don't go at her swinging or flaming her.  People on here get their
panties in a bunch so quickly, if you'd just chill out for a bit before
approaching someone with that attitude you might get different results.

Alicia said-
>he certainly DOES have a right to query why you purchased expensive
>merchandising display units but now owe the vet $4,00.00

He has a right to question it, but before he does, maybe he should ask
where she purchases her display units and such.  It most definitely isn't
for the expensive prices he believes she is paying.  She gets much of her
stuff from auctions, and from other people used.  When you have a lot of
stuff to sell, you have to have something to display it on, and she
acquires her things on a budget.

Harry, why don't you come out and say what you're thinking?  Where are
Marguerite's priorities since you know her so well?  Let me tell you
something since I know her personally.  This woman has a family.  She
homeschools one child.  That shelter is very clean, and well maintained.
Every furkid has attention and is loved on daily and they want for
nothing.  She takes very good care of them and that shelter is her damn
priority.  Have you ever asked Marguerite what results were of her raffle
or auctions.  I believe the auctions that are to help pay the vet bills
clearly state that.  Matter of fact, she has a seperate paypal acct.
specifically for the auctions that pay the medical bills as stated in
her auction.  Her priorities are in place Harry, and despite her all,
the shelter has to close it's doors until it can get back on it's feet.
Yes, she can still adopt out, but right now because she can't run a tab
at that vet, she can't take in ill ferrets.  That is understandable.

I think if you have 30+ ferrets in a shelter, you're bound to have
emergencies, and vet bills out the yin yang, and the fact that the vet
was willing to let her run a tab in the first place was great.  I can see
how with so many ferrets, many of which are ill when they come in, and
who get ill prior to adoption, how you could end up with a tab like that.
It's unmanageable.  Do you run a shelter?  Do you have any suggestions
for how she can keep paying her tab to keep it at a low amount at all
times, while she runs a household, her husband works to keep the rest
of the family going and she works for the shelter 24/7?  Enlighten us
please.

I was told prior to meeting a lot of ferret people that they're either
nice, or nasty, and boy have I found that to be true.  It amazes me how
crappy some of the people on here are, and yet, they don't like having
stuff thrown back at them.  Funny how that is.  Why do we need to get so
nasty and childish on this forum?  I believe that most of us are adults,
however, there are a few on here who certainly don't act it.  It's
ridiculous.  No wonder people are dropping from here like flies.  I
enjoy the information and stories people tell on here as much as the next
person, but I can talk to ferret people many other ways, and not deal
with the constant bickering back and forth.  Grow up children!!!

Jen M. and the naughty nine who love their Aunt/Momma Marguerite
3 adopted from Tinyprints
6 boarded at Auntie Marguerite's