From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2006 19:59:54 -0400
I have no idea who you are, but posting that was uncalled for.  Whatever
issues you have with Barb Clay, and Rocky's are issues between you and
her.  Not everyone on the FML, or any where else for that matter.

Who ever took that picture should have looked at it and destroyed it.
It may have been something done all in fun, we all do stupid things at
one time or another in life, and I am no exception to that.  I have done
many stupid things in my life, and one day I am sure they will bite me
in the butt, but until then, I am not going to worry about them.

Ferretstock and Oktoberfest are the two fundraisers Rocky's has every
year, yes there is adult beverages there, but no one makes anyone drink.
It is choice.

I have been to two Ferretstocks and one Oktoberfest, there were people
there that were having fun yes.  That is the whole point to have fun,
see folks you haven't seen in awhile, and meet new people.  To make it
sound like a drunken, free for all debauchery is wrong.

None of us know the story behind that picture, some of us do really
stupid things on a dare when exhausted.  Have you never in you life done
something stupid that you regret?  Lord know I have done plenty.

Or is it the fact that shelter operators are suppose to operate on a
different set of rules?  We are not suppose to make mistakes, we are not
suppose to do stupid things, we are not suppose to get mad or get even
(or if we are expressing the anger we need to keep it controlled and not
offend anyone because then we are labeled rude and mean).

I have a challenge for all, if you have never, ever done anything in
your life embarrassing, stupid, or that would be considered thoughtless,
please speak up.  It does not matter if you were feeling tipsy or sober.
Please speak up.  Please tell us how you do it.

I am too old for the he said, she said stuff.  Show me facts, black and
white.  I am too old to play games.  I try to be straight forward, and
honest.  I try to make peace with people, I try to help each and myself
to see both sides of a story.  I try to think would I want this done to
me?  I honestly do try all of this.  I am human, and don't always
succeed.

But right now no matter how I turn this over and over in my head, I don't
understand the reasons behind it.  I really don't.  The only thing I see
it hurting is the ferrets.  And to put it on the FML, where people will
assume that BIG knew what that site contained is unconscionable.

No matter what is said about any shelter operator, what it comes down
to is the ferrets.  This stuff hurts them.  People do not donate to
this shelter because of the fact I speak my mind.  I try not to be over
emotional when I do, but again, that human factor can and does sneak in.

If someone comes at you with their beliefs of how things should be or
ways things should change full force, guns a blazin', you can beat that
would but anyone on defense.  But if you talk to me in an intelligent
conversation, perhaps I can understand your point of view, and maybe
even learn.

Jean Caputo-Lee
Director
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter