From:
First Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 22:27:47 -0500
About a week ago I posted that one of my newest kids was acting strange.
Her name is Sarah, I adopted both her and Toby for Companionship for Mookie.
She was very listless and wanted to do nothing but sleep, after several days
active ferret mischief.  My thought was it might be a blockage.  When I
brought her to the vet that afternoon, the vet did not seem to think it was
a blockage at all.  Since Sarah had been eating and going poop, she did not
think it was an obvious blockage.  The vet did give us some laxatone, just
in case and Nutrical.  The vet seemed to think it may be a virus that would
run its course in a few days.  It seemed that the vet diagnosed the problem,
because Sarah seemed to be getting better.  Even tormenting the boys for a
while each day.  She was still some what listless but getting more & more
active each day.  Tonite however is a different story.  She was not using
her back legs to walk, just dragging them behind her.  When I went to
investigate, she got up and started to walk side ways.  The first thing I
did was call the vet.  Since it was 8:00pm and the office was closed, I used
the vet's after hours beeper number.  I have called several times this
evening and no reply as of yet.  Sarah seems to be walking correctly now
although still listless.  I feel there maybe a serious concern here.  She is
listless one day and fine the next.  I am feeding the same food the shelter
fed both her and Toby.  Toby by the way is fine and is trying to convince
Mookie to join the RI chapter of the FLO.  We are very worried aboutt Sarah
on this end though.  If anyone out here in FML land has any insight as to
what the problem might be, any and all info would be great.  We will be
contacting the vet's office first thing in the morning, if no word from her
tonite.

Please reply directly to the email address above, & cc [log in to unmask]
This way both my finance and I can see them.

Thanks
Brian & Carla