From:
jennifer hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 07:01:52 -0400
I love the stories you all have told about ferrets and their way with
men....and bakeware, which I can't relate to either.  I've dated guys who
didn't care for my ferrets and obviously they didn't last long (the guys
I mean, I still have every one of my fuzzies), however the man I married,
seemed to take to them, well, not instantly, but he definitely didn't
hate them either.  See before we started dating I told him that I had
two ferrets, a cat and a dog-in a one bedroom apartment, the only part
I was allowed to sleep in was my own bed, and I even had to share that
with the cat and dog.  My ferrets aren't free roam, I'm not good at
ferret-proofing more than the living room and dining room.  But believe
me, they have their time out to play.

Anyway, so Archie came over one day and immediately he was introduced
to "my babies".  He pet them, didn't hold them yet, and said they were
nice.  I looked at Frankie and Charlie like, great, here goes another
one.  Frankie and Charlie were about 6 months old at the time.  However,
within about two weeks, Archie was helping to play with them, clean up
after them (not once it's on the carpets, only in the litter pans), and
love them.  A few months later he was moved in.  Frankie and Charlie
loved him, the dog and cat did too I guess.  Next thing you know, he's a
sucker, and we end up with two more-girls this time.  Then another boy,
and then we end up engaged.  Got a pair of ferrets from TinyPrints, and
called them our "early wedding gifts to each other", and then we got
married.  They are all just as much "his babies" as they were mine when
we first met.  They're "our babies" (as my mom, most of the people I work
with and know roll their eyes at us).  Archie still doesn't clean up poop
on the carpet, no matter how many times I ask him too, that seems to be
my job getting into those sometimes hard to reach corners, but I guess
we'll keep him.

It's funny, before we got married, he asked if you had to choose between
me and the fuzzies, which would you choose, and I told him I'm sorry,
that I loved him, but that my fuzzies would be first and if he ever
thought of giving me an ultimatum like that, he could just walk.
Obviously that wasn't the choice he made, good thing for him.  He should
be lucky to be graced by all seven of their presences.  hehehhehe.

Have a good day!!!

Jen and Archie
The Magnificient Seven
and their dog and cat