From:
Brett & Missy Lapham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 10:01:49 -0600
Greetings fellow FML'ers,

As I read the poem from Sam Young about Kodo, I burst into uncontrollable
tears, several times.  I just can't shake this sad feeling, and right now I
don't even want to.  I think about my fuzzies who are about Kodo's age and
realize that this is exactly why we keep our ferts away from people as much
as we can.  Kids are not allowed to touch them, except when we're there and
only on their body, not near the face.  Very strict supervision.  But the
Kodo situation seems to make me leery about ANY stranger touching my
precious babies.  This is a very sad situation since I feel others could
benefit from the unconditional love of a ferret.

I have sent several email and my husband has faxed and emailed over 100
letters about Kodo.  We live in Montana so the talk about Gov. Engler
throwing the out-of-state correspondence away bothers me, but we will keep
trying.  I also sent a letter to Floyd in CA, but it bounced back.  I'm
wondering if he was advised to remove his email due to the callous and
vicious remark he made?  I was also interested to find out from other
FML'ers that this guy's record isn't what he portrays.  I will keep trying
and if anyone knows of a different address or what's up with his current
one, please keep me posted.

As I'm sure everyone is feeling, I go back and forth between rage and tears.
Emotions are running high and this is only the beginning.  No matter what
happens, people and officials in Michigan and California will remember all
the faxes, mail, calls and email we made from the world over.  We won't go
silently!  I'm so glad that the FML is here to share our ideas and thoughts.
If others only knew our deep love for our fuzzies...well, I guess they can't
unless they have experienced it.

Kodo's plight has also made me realize that I want to know the laws in
Montana better than I do.  I've written to the state government to get an
answer, and won't stop until I get one.  I urge everyone to find this out,
if they don't already know.

Well, I guess that's my $.02 worth for today.  I'm holding on to hope for
Kodo and his family that he will soon be back in your arms and licking your
faces.  Also good thoughts for you CA ferret's humans...crossing my fingers.

Blessed Be from the Double Dook Ranch,

Missy,

and husband Brett: "Hon, Teeka thinks you taste like chicken."
Teeka: "Mom, you taste good!"
Jasper: "Mom, why are you cryin'?"