From:
"Gustafson, Barb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:30:32 -0600
You may recall the story of Georgie that I posted some time back.  Georgie
was turned into our society by the Pound who had found him playing in a
sand box in a park.  He had a small metal tag in his ear which puzzled us
and upon examination we were surprised to discover that both top and bottom
canines had been pulled out.  Georgie was treated as a lost/found ferret
and was held for 14 days while we ran ads in the local papers.  No one
claimed him and he has since been adopted into a loving home.

Last night I picked up a call on our Hot Line and low and behold here is a
women asking if we had ever received a lost ferret with a metal tag in it's
ear!  Georgie had been one of three ferrets that she had gotten from the
University where she worked.  They had been used by students in the dental
facility to practice extractions!  Obviously it's time to make a few phone
calls and ask a few questions.  Anyway to make a long story short she was
glad to hear that Georgie (who's real name is Bing) had been found and was
safe and sound even if she couldn't get him back.

Barb Gustafson
Alberta Ferret Society
President