From:
Gary Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 May 1998 11:24:48 -0500
Hi.....
Well I am Very sorry But I have to compleatly Disagree with the Person...
Who wrote
>Exotic doesn't mean "wild" or "non-domestic".

Now in our socitey today the word "Exotic"...When I go to a big City or
Driving down the Interstate I am always ammazed to see these Big Signs
saying.."LIVE EXOTIC DANCERS" Or I open the Sports page of the Newspaper
and I see all the adds plastered over the Pages"EXOTIC DANCERS" .....Now to
me The word exotic here is refering to "WILD DANCERS"  We have to mearly be
living in this centry to know that the Word "Exotic" Means "WILD" Here is
the Defined Word "exotic" takin fron the encyclopieda... ex7ot7ic (9g-z<t
9k)

adj. 1. From another part of the world; foreign: exotic tropical plants in
        a greenhouse. See note at foreign.
     2. Intriguingly unusual or different; excitingly strange: exotic
        costumes from the Far East. See note at fantastic.
     3. Of or involving striptease: an exotic dancer.
 n.  1. One that is exotic.
     2. A striptease performer.
  [ Latin ex=ticus from Greek ex=tikos from ex= outside from ex out;
  See eghs in Indo-European Roots.]
  ex7ot i7cal7ly adv.
  ex7ot ic7ness n.
The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition )
1992
Houghton Mifflin Co. Electronic version lic'd from and portions ) 1995 INSO
Corporation. All rts rsvd.
And this is the theosours
 exotic ,synonym
 adj. Describing a scenic view.
 beautiful ,spectacular ,appealing ,arresting,attractive, beauteous,
  breathtaking majestic ,panoramic ,picturesque, pretty
Enhanced Roget's US Electronic Thesaurus ) 1995 by INSO Corporation.
Adapted from the Oxford Thesaurus ) 1991 by Oxford University Press and from
Roget's II: The New Thesaurus ) 1980 by Houghton Mifflin Co. Electronic
version lic'd from and portions ) 1995 INSO Corporation. All rts rsvd.
Now Domesticated
  domesticated
  synonym
 v. To make (an animal) docile. domesticat,  break in, gentle, house-train,
    master, tame, train.
Enhanced Roget's US Electronic Thesaurus ) 1995 by INSO Corporation.
Adapted from the Oxford Thesaurus ) 1991 by Oxford University Press and from
Roget's II: The New Thesaurus ) 1980 by Houghton Mifflin Co. Electronic
version lic'd from and portions ) 1995 INSO Corporation.  All rts rsvd.

  domesticated
  synonym
 adj. Trained to be harmless or obedient, as from a previously wild state.
 antonym wild
 antonym untamed
 antonym feral
 antonym undomesticated
 antonym unbroken
 antonym unhousebroken
Enhanced Roget's US Electronic Thesaurus ) 1995 by INSO Corporation.
Adapted from the Oxford Thesaurus ) 1991 by Oxford University Press and from
Roget's II: The New Thesaurus ) 1980 by Houghton Mifflin Co. Electronic
version lic'd from and portions ) 1995 INSO Corporation. All rts rsvd.

I think you need to read alittle more before you begin to try something else
or someone to bash here. We all Know that Ferrets are not an Exoctic, and
Have not been Exotic for Hundreds of Years.
Thanks,
Western Carolina Ferret Club
Judy & Gary Skinner
158 Cloverdale St