From:
MR CHARLES R ONKEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 10:26:00 -0500
First, a big Thank You to those who wrote to Bandit.  He and I appreciate
it.  Bandit is recovering from his adrenal surgery that he had Monday.  He
seems to be taking longer than Cujo did, but Bandit, I believe, is older.
He is eating his duck soup three times a day.  "Eat" is not really the word.
More like "vacuuming".  He loves the stuff.  We have let him out to walk
around the house a few times.  Seems to have a little hind leg weakness.  He
will be walking or trotting just fine, and then kind of fall off to one side
in the back end.  I attribute it to lack of exercise since the operation.
Doesn't seem to bother him as much as it does me seeing him slip.  I think I
have come up with a philosophy for those of us with ailing ferret.  If there
is food going in one end, and poop coming out the other, RELAX.  The middle
part is working fine, and they will get better.

Charlie, Aggie, Madonna, Cujo, Bandit, Snowball and Valentine
We remember Kodo, Rocky and Spokane