From:
meryl faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:02:21 -0800
Apparently the person who posted the ferret message which got pasted to
the Legalizeferrets newsletter was - as we say in the UK - "taking the
mickey" ie pulling our legs a little. Apparently a lot of folks have
written to him taking him to task, (I wrote a friendly informative post
to him - probably more than he wanted to know about ferrets) and he
responded to me - quickly - that he was not serious and was just being
facetious - maybe not in good taste (I'm paraphrasing) - but not again
not serious.

From the rapidity of his response I think he's getting quite a few
complaints and is regretting that post which ended up on the
Legalizeferrets site. Poor guy, the weasel lovers are after him like
white on rice! He asked me to spread the word. I'm going to start
watching Monty Python again - think I've lost some of my British
skepticism/sense of humor when I read somewhat inflammatory material.
The dead parrot episode and the Life of Brian (a Python movie) come to
mind. And what about A Fish called Wanda where the three dogs - oops
won't go there, there may be dog lovers on the FML

Meryl