From:
Sandy Weaver - Deem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:17:57 -0400
I have a friend that is looking for a good ferret vet in Pensacola
Florida. She discovered that her fur kid Boo Boo's spleen was enlarged
and that he was larthgic. Her is part of her email to me .

"I'm so worried about Boo Boo. I'm going to have to find another vet,
one in Pensacola, FL probably... the one the shelter there uses, so I
can get another opinion. He's got this huge lump on his side, the side
where the spleen is.. inside, and he's lethargic. I took him to the
vet for this a week ago and he just shrugged it off and decided the
lethargy is his weight. Well, maybe, but... his behavior just isn't
right.

The doc said the enlargement inside his tummy feels like his spleen,
then he continued to say that ferrets will often have enlarged
spleens and it's not necessarily anything to worry about. He didn't
do bloodwork, no xrays... nada. I'm a bit miffed about it actually.
Boo Boo IS very overweight again and I know putting him under for any
reason is a risk because of that.

PLEASE if anyone can help let me know!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!
Sandy