From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 18:56:29 -0400
Hmmmm... it's NOT as if folks were NOT warned here and on the front of
Modern Ferret.  Heck, having seen a preview I even put down which pages
to avoid as a kindness for folks who don't laugh about Halloween humor.

Hey, it's a big world, with many types of tastes.  If it hadn't looked so
staged and fake I guess I would have gotten offended, but it doesn't look
the least touch real.  It's obvious and juvenile (Listening Harry?  You've
remained young, found the fountain, beaten time...)"gross-out" humor done
in such a way that it's undeniably nowhere near real and that made it
funny.  For me this type of humor isn't complete belly laughing like a
risque pun (Hey, we all differ; I'm a ribald but monoandrous chunky old
fart.), but I'll take grins wherever I can find them; at this age my face
has long been fighting gravity and a smile is an instant face lift.  (I
feel pretty, oh so...)

My questions are these: Didn't people read the warning and adjust for their
own tastes?  If not, then why not?  Can those people now adjust for others
having tastes different from their own?  If not, then why not?  (Watch out
for that last step.)

Hmmm, if someone wrote Borders with a complaint, will we have to write as
both customers and stock holders mentioning how much we like the rag --
errrr -- mag?

Upside: celebrity pieces help undo the damage the rumor mongers who love
urban legends cause for ferrets simply because so many listen more to
celebs.  (I'm not saying that's a logical thing to do, simply that it
happens.) Having helped with a few (?  ;-) ?) ferret battles which turned
out well I can't see ferret people being able to laugh at themselves as
being a downside, nor how that could aid the ferret-haters of the world,
especially with such a clearly faked thing.  Hmmm, let's see, what else
have Steve and I done over the last 16+ to help ferrets.  Oh, yeah, there
was, and, hmmmmmm, and, and... Hmmm, and what about some other folks who
laughed?  Let's see, they did, yep, and, oh, and, of course also, and, and,
and, and, and, don't forget, and... (Point being that one doesn't have to
agree that this issue is horrid to have actually ever accomplished anything
for ferrets, or to do so in the future.  It's ONLY a taste thing, so
by-pass what you don't agree with just like when you scroll past some
authors.  Hey, wait, slow down, read what I'm saying, garble, garble,
garble...

Now I have to go and figure out what Ashling is trying to search for in my
hard drive.  (Not physically; she brought up the search function and typed
again.  Has anyone designed a keyboard for four extremities going at once?
Think such might serve as a Rosetta Stone.)