From:
Pat Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 1995 15:29:02 PDT
I fear we need to start an FA chapter based on the number of postings of
sudden multiplication (addition?) of ferrets.  Snoopy my sweet little
sable mitt now has a pal from LAFL (Lane Area Ferret Lovers) shelter.
His name is Rocky.  He is a very dark sable, about 1 yr.  old.  Snoopy is
somewhat short and stout, Rocky is built like a snake and fast as a
whippet.  It was a close call as Rocky had come in with a lovely white
jill named Buffy, but she really scared Snoopy when he met her.  After
getting both guys home, I am glad I just got one more.  This is going to
take some adjusting!  Rocky is a doll, however.  After 4 days they are
playing tag (I chase you and then you chase me) and some really rough
play.  I picked them up a dozen times the first couple of days to check
for blood.  None at all.  Snoopy is, if possible, even more loving now.
Rocky ran himself ragged the first two days of house freedom, but has now
settled into our routine.  He is still a little spooky at being flea
combed (Snoopy becomes silly putty when I do it), but is never mean.  Two
ferrets are not much more work, but a whole different atmosphere.  Rocky
is the best climber I have ever met and has conquered most surfaces in
his "known" world already.  He loves cheerios and spurns cranraisins
whereas Snoopy will kill for cranraisins but cheerios are just so-so.  Is
this ferret ailment progressive?  Irreversable?  SIGHHH.
Pat of the Animal Farm