From:
Arthur Grondine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1993 08:12:27 -0500
Greetings Everybody,

     This is Art the Human updating you about Guy the Ferret.
Today is Thurs. and Guy had exploratory surgery done on Teus.
I picked him up yesterday.  They removed his spleen.  The doc
said it was extraordinarily large even for a ferret.  They also
biopsyed <sp?> his pancreas.  They were two big bumps on his
pancreas and several smaller ones.  The doc said that the bumps
probably could not all be removed surgically as there were too many.
So, I suspect that it will be prednisoline from now on.  He also
gave me CEFADROXIL (antibiotic) for Guy.  No problem, Guy actually
likes it.  Also the doc said that although he did not directly
view the adrenal glands as they are surrounded by fat, he was able
to verify that there were no bumps on them.  They appeared to be
normal.
     Guy seems to be ok.  He ate and drank when he first came home.
He sleeps most of the time.  I had to wake him up and drag him out
(carefully) from under the bed for his morning dose.

     Dr. Williams, what do you think of my present situation.  Does
this doc that I have seem to be ok?  Apparantly the ferret population
here is very high and they see more than a hundred of 'em, a year.

Art and Guy wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

-=> Art The Human and Guy The Ferret