From:
Lisa Oestereich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:40:07 -0500
The SOS Third Annual Blizzard Memorial Fund Raffle is underway!!

Ferrets all over the country have been given a second chance at life
this past year, thanks to the Blizzard Memorial Fund. This fund helps
ferrets who are found every day - starving, injured, near death - so
that rescuers can afford the critical medical care needed to bring
these kids back to health, and let them experience comfort and
happiness, often for the first time in their lives.

Little Sawyer was left outside in a carrier for days, in the searing
Florida heat. He was standing in so much poop and pee, it had burned
his feet! Funds from the Blizzard Memorial Fund helped to pay for his
medical care. Doesn't he look happy to be held and loved!! (Check out
the blog for a picture of Dr. Beth Ferris of Coastal Animal Hospital
Wellness Center in Rockledge, Florida, holding little Sawyer with his
feet all bandaged up.)

Raffle prizes include:

$100 Ferret Depot gift certificate. Use it for food, a new cage -
anything on their website: ferretdepot.com.
Donated by Steve Yarbrough and all our friends at the Ferret Depot.

"If Ferrets Could Fly" print by Clara Rodriguez: This is a beautiful
9 1/2" x 13" print by Clara Rodriguez. "When a beloved ferret leaves
us, it's just to play in the clouds!" Donated by Lisa Oestereich.

Animal Kingdom bedding set - Welcome to the jungle!! Loaded with
bedding and toys for your kids, this set comes with two reversible
hammies, a cuddle cup, a sleep sack and a 48" fabric tunnel with
(removable) PVC ends, ferretvite and lots and lots of toys.
Donated by Susann Thiel.

"I Will Love You Forever" ferret memorial package. The most difficult
part of having pets is saying goodbye. Michael Cochrane made this
beautiful, handmade oak urn, approx. 7" tall and 4" wide. Also comes
with a digital photo frame, 7" display screen, remote control, internal
memory of 8MB and a memory card capacity for up to 32GB. And finally,
you will receive a one-of-a-kind portrait of your little one by Jen
Ambermane. Donated by Shannan Skitch, with many thanks to Michael
Cochrane of Cochrane Custom Carpentry and Jen Ambermane Johnson.

"Always In Our Hearts" memorial package. Another stunning, handmade,
wooden urn, made by Michael Cochrane, approx. 5" high and long. Also
included is a digital photo frame with 8" screen and 512 MB internal
memory, and integrated clock, alarm and calendar. In addition, you will
receive an artistic portrait of your pet companion created by Marcelo
Pinero, a Toronto artist and graphic designer who has worked with
companies like Disney and DreamWorks. Donated by Shannan Skitch with
many thanks to Michael Cochrane of Cochrane Custom Carpentry and
Marcelo Pinero.

A 50lb bag of Totally Ferret Active Show Ferret, from our friends at
Performance Foods.

And so, so much more. So check out our blog at:

http://www.supportourshelters.blogspot.com/

Support Our Shelters' Third Annual Blizzard Memorial raffle will run
from February 2, until March 18. The lucky winning tickets will be
drawn by Bill Gruber. Winners will be notified by email or phone.

Tickets cost just $1 each, or six for $5. You can allocate your tickets
any way you want! Your ticket numbers will be provided to you shortly
after your purchase.

Use Google Checkout to purchase tickets. Or, you can send a check
payable to Support Our Shelters to this address:

Support Our Shelters
c/o Kat Hammond
821 - 25th Street
Cairo, IL  62914

If you send a check, remember to include your email address or a
phone number! Please also NOTE THE NUMBER/S # OF THE PRIZE(S) you are
entering for! Checks must be received by SOS on or before March 11.

Dooks and Dances for helping the shelter kids,

Susann Thiel & Lisa Oestereich
Support Our Shelters

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT SHIPPING!! - The cost of shipping beyond U.S.
borders is increasingly expensive and may be prohibitive for some
of our prize donors. Therefore, we regret that we can only pay for
shipping to the point in the U.S. that is closest to your destination.
For example, if you are located in Toronto and win a prize, we can pay
the postal fees to Buffalo, N.Y. and you will be asked to cover the
difference. We ask prize winners outside the United States to be aware
of this before purchasing tickets, and we are very grateful for your
understanding.