From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 09:45:46 -0500
Trish - did you thing I meant whipping cream as in Cool Whip?  I just looked
at the cream I bought and the ingredients are: whipping cream, mono&
diglycerides, carrageenan, polysorbate 80, cellulose gum and guar gum.  Is
there really sugar in half and half, milk and whipping cream (not the cool
whip or can type, the milk type).  Mine like milk etc. and the heavier cream
has more fat, calories etc.  I have been giving a little bit for a couple of
days now as a treat with no ill effects.  Dont have to worry about vit A
toxicity etc.  though they still get little bitts of Ferret Coat (like
ferretone) etc.  If there's no sugar I think its an ok treat.

Thanks for the latest scale tip!  We dont have a speciality cooking store
around here so that may be the way to go.

Dr. Dutton - thanks for the response.  Just curious - what else can cause a
ferret to do this or is vestibular disease the primary thing?

Also really like the shelter update.  I can never find addresses when I have
a little extra.

I think Mr. Killian's idea of a who's got ferrets and whose got a waiting
list is a good idea too.  Longer transfers may be a problem but it would let
people know what was going on maybe a state or two away - I would be willing
to do transfers in that case.

Mary, Boris and Giesela