Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 02:22:31 -0800
>From:    Melissa Lough <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: So you want a kiss, ehu
>
>> 2.) Fast your ferret to ensure that he is really hungry. Provide
>>water only in a tin can of about 6 ounces. Let him mess it up, which
>>he's likely to do. Right his water can through the cage bars with a
>>steel rod so that you can refill his can by pouring water into it
>from a watering pitcher, syringe, or other hard pourer. Have no
>personal contact.

>Ok I am going to really sound 8th grade level........................
>ARE YOU NUTS !!!!? You don't really do this??
>
>By the way if Sukie's intelligence really bothers you that much.......
>then leave her alone.
>
>I don't usually post alot; but that advice I quoted you saying just
>really irritated me...............If you are just saying things for
>attention; then YOU'LL GET IT !!
>Love and kindness will get you much father than hunger and
>coldness.......................
>
> Missy

Dear Missy,

Glad to hear from you. Now I know I've got at least two readers . . .
Yippee. Missy, you can be absolutely certain that every word I wrote
is meant to be exactly what it says.

Please refer, if you will, to my message to Tammy a.k.a. Kesrael. And
if you don't mind, could you please elaborate, please tell us what it
is that specifically irritates you. It's pretty difficult, if not
impossible, to understand your being irritated about feeding water to
a caged, fasting ferret. There must be something else bugging you..
Please let us know what it is, yes?

I have been sorely advised by the "Headmaster" to defer responding to
messages concerning Sukie Crandal. Like a good boy, I am bound to obey.
Perhaps, and at the risk of getting slapped down again, let me say this
in all sincerity, that rebutting on the FML is done at the risk of the
rebutter. [Moderator's note: I gave no such direction to you re Sukie.
I did mention it would be up to her to respond, or not, to you as she
pleased, but I deny I asked you to defer responding to messages
concerning her. BIG]

I dearly would like your attention and look forward to . . . as you
say, then YOU'LL GET IT !!

General NOTE: A number of folks have misread my statement concerning
the 8th grader, as has Missy.. What I wrote is that it would be ideal
if we could all write our posts so that any eighth grader could
understand and comprehend the meaning, pure and simple, of that
writing. Several have misunderstood my effort to simplify our postings
and have taken a position that they themselves are insulted and are
not capable of writing to that level of academic achievement. I know
it's easy to misread a statement and get all excited about your
interpretation, but I do wonder if one gets excited about a posting,
just hold off a couple of minutes and check to see if what you read
is what you think you read.

You know, I think most of us regard ourselves as, well, average; not
too dumb and not too smart, but more comfortably, just average..Think
of it this way. Since most of us claim to be average then we would
populate the center bell of a bell shaped curve, to the left, the
less than average and to the right, the greater than average.

Do you realize then just what this means? Hey, half of us are below
average! Hey! Hey! Which side of the bell curve are you on, Pilgrim?

Tempus omnia revelat. (Latin: Time uncovers all things.)

Edward Lipinski