From:
Marcy Holloway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 23:16:01 -0400
I have been feeding my two ferrets (Seymour and Ozzy) Nutro Max Kitten.
The vet says that it doesn't have enough protein and that I should feed
them ferret food.  The problem is that I have tried to give them many
different types of ferret food but, they don't seem interested in it!  I
was wondering if there was a supplement that had protein in it?  They LOVE
8in1 Ferretvite, and I used to think that it had protein in it, but I read
the nutrition label and there is no mention of it.  I tried to put chicken,
eggs, and meat in their bowl but, they wouldn't touch it.  Another thing
that I wanted to mention is that Seymour is about 6 years old and he is
very set in his ways.  I don't think that he would like me to switch his
food.  Ozzy is a baby and I started him on ferret food but, he stopped
eating it when he found Seymour's food.  I even tried to mix the two foods
together but, I noticed that they were eating the Nutro Max kitten and
leaving the ferret food behind.

Any suggestions for a protein supplement?  Am I a bad mom for feeding them
the kitten food?