From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 1996 23:09:20 -0500
Hi!!  Just thought I would reply to the on going issue of thanking people
for donation.  But first for all who are interested I am reprieved tomorrow
and off bed rest, the IVF went well and they implanted three embroys we will
know on the 21st if it is succesful.  But fo now tomorrow I need to get back
to my routine of caring for the fuzzies, bed rest was nice, but almost drove
me nuts, I need to be busy especially with the number of ferrets in the
house.  This week we broke over 300 ferrets rescue by us this year, wow and
that leads me to....

I can see both sides of the issue I always try to thank people for donations
if not by e-mail than in my newsletter, if folks do not get my newsletter
they might not see the thank you, but I am not perfect and since I really
run Ferrets Etc by myself with a small amount of help from 2 others I keep
real busy and might forget to thank someone and for that I am sorry.  I
always mean to but it seems on ferret leads to another and I always have
critical ferrets in or just an over flow.  Actually got 3 moderate to sevre
cases in last week and last night two more who went right to our vet.  very
sevre weighting 1/2 pound if that each having not eaten in a long while, we
are still praying they make it.  Seeing this kind of stuff all the time
makes my brain melt and I do not always thank everyone for donations, but
they are greatly appreciated and I do thank folks in my heart and the
ferrets thank them straight from their souls everytime they get that second
chnace a few extra dollars helped contribute to.  I do like the idea of
certificates and am going to try to start that up here.

But I hope people do not stop contributing to their shelters because a thank
you has been forgotten to be send, it is not really forgotten, and it is
needed, with such high medical bills any amount is great people write all
the time and say they only have a dollar or two, welll that is great if
everyone donated a dollar or two to a ferret rescue that would help greatly
for most of us, it is not how much, but the thought that counts and I will
also try to think more and send out thank yous, I really do mean to.

Take care to all and happy holidays.  Stephanie