From:
EI - Lydia Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:37:04 -0400
I read Ed's letter and I got to thinking of Mr. Snowman.  It would be so
easy to say the Mary sold me a sick ferret and blame her.  BUT there isnt
anyway that she could have known he was sick.  First she is not a vet,
second she isnt a psychic.  What she is is a loving human that gives her
time and engery to taking in unwanted ferrets, loving them and helping them
find a home.  Maybe every shelter isnt the same, but I am so glad I know
MKARESQ.

When you take a ferret to your home stop at the vets have them checked out,
wait for the poops, and then pray.  Because they can go to the bridge so
fast it makes your head spin.  Be responsible.  My little Sassy looked
healthy, if she hadnt pooped at the vets we wouldnt have dreamed she had
anything wrong with her, and she could have given it to my crew.  But thats
ferrets.

I think most shelters want ferrets to go to homes as fast as they can.
Knowing that they have so many to try and give love to and there are only
so many hrs in a day.  As soon as they can give a loving home to a ferret
the better for the ferret.  Just my opinion.  Thank you shelters
everywhere.

Lydia and the crew
Snickers, Casper, Bubba, Trooper, Smokey, Sassy
Missing Mr. Snowman. Isis, and Ossi
http://www.HLRConnect.com/ferrets/