From:
Nichole Dianne Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 22:02:27 +73600
I'm a first time caller, long time listener!  Maybe someone can lend their
expertise about a problem I've been having with my new baby, Tygger.  We
have had him for 3 weeks and he is now 11 weeks old.  The problem is that he
bites rather viciously when he is taking a treat from me and same if I
accidentally have a piece of food on my finger.  If I have the treat in the
palm of my hand he is good and doesn't even nibble but if I'm holding it out
for him he grabs for it like a starving dog.  He has food (Iams kitten) in
his dish all day so he is definately not starving.  I have tried flicking
his nose and putting him in his cage for time out, but maybe he is too young
to understand.  This morning when he did it again he did look contrite when
I told him NO!  I can give him linatone or other liquid like substances on
my finger and he licks it sweetly.  He is my baby fuzzie and is super cudly
and affectionate and even when we first got him at age 8 weeks he didn't nip
me once (but he likes to bite my boyfriend!).  Another issue is that we
already have two adults, Monzie (male 3.5 yrs) and Slinky (female 2.5 yrs)
who were a breeding pair before we got them and got both their surgeries
done.  Slinky is generally a nervous girl, her tail puffs out at the
slightest instance, but is still very sweet and doesn't bite us.  She does
NOT like Tygger and shows it by attacking him if they meet up by chance.
Tygger screams and slinky sprays.  So Sean and I keep the adults and baby
apart.  Even bitter apple on Tyggers whole back doesn't stop Slinky from
attacking although she shakes her head vehmently afterwards.  We have swaped
their blankets and Tygger runs around the perimeter of thier cage when they
are locked up, but even when we are holding them to sniff neither of them
like it.  So, I know tons of stuff but I hope someone can give some helpful
hints/suggestions.

Thanks from Niki (me, the mom), Sean (the dad), Monzie, Slinky, Tygger,
Taz (5yr old F cat), and Kyrin (10 Mo. old F Kitten and Tyggers best
furry friend)