Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 01:20:46 -0400
I use a large tote box with a hole cut high up on one side and one through
the lid (edges covered with duct tape, large enough for the ferret to get
through easily.  I filled mine with the large and small plastic, hollow
Easter eggs, and it works just fine!  If the eggs don't snap together
tightly, they can be glued shut.  It makes a lot of noise when there are
2 or more in there playing, but at least you know where they are!!  You
can even put a ferret treat in there for them to go scouting for.  The
eggs are not heavy, and the ferrets don't seem to mind being "buried" by
them.  I know it's a little late to find these eggs, but after Easter I
found many bags marked down to $.10/doz at our local Eckerd's Drug Store.
Maybe a craft store would carry them.  Or retailers, being ever in search
of the almighty buck, may very well color them black & orange or green &
red and use them for the obvious holidays, who knows?  It's worth a try!

Jane & Rikki