From:
Scott Piccoli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 20:44:11 -0600
Teresa and I have waited long enough, we decided to get a couple of ferrets
almost 6 months ago, (January) because her roommate was alergic to them.
However, the roomy is moving out next weekend and our plans have almost come
an exciting conclusion.  We have made lots of preparations so far:

- Built a 4'x3'x2 1/1' wooden frame wire cage
- Slowy purchased various items they will need, ie collars and leashes,
   tubes, toys, ferretone, etc.
- Read, read, lot's of reading of care
- Numerous visits to pet stores to observe several types of ferrets and
  personalities.

I have a couple of questions:
- What kind of diet beyond dry food is beneficial to their coat and
  energy level?
- Will I have a problem with them trying to get in our 55 gallon
  fish tank (probably)?
- Any special ideas on how to ferret proof the house beyond the obvious?
- Any helpful hints on how to leash train them?

That's all for now, soon we will be a contributer to the FML instead of
just reading...

Also, what happened to the FLO ops?  Are they sneaking under everyone's
noses without y'all knowing it!!

Take it easy

Scott and Teresa