From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 08:37:55 -0500
Has anyone out there in the US portion of the FML-land heard of an
organization called "Ferret Fanciers Club"?  I am trying to get in touch
with them concerning a pamphlet that they have apparently been, or had been
handing out, at least in southern New Hampshire but perhaps on a much wider
scale..

The pamphlet is typewritten; about 8 single-sided pages long; and gives
"facts and do's and don'ts" on ferret care.  The vast majority of it is very
good; full of tips on: personality, training, feeding, vaccinations
(including IMRAB-3 which means it was published after 1990.) A small part of
it, though, does get into controversial issues (recommending that ferrets be
fed a diet of cooked meat, and given dry cat food as a supplement collars,
spraying Bitter Apple directly on a ferret's face for discipline).  Some
recommendations, however, may actually cause harm to a ferret (using cat and
dog flea powders, using cat and dog flea).  As I say, the vast majority is
excellent information and if they would make a few changes, I think that
they would be doing first time ferret owners a great service with their
pamphlet.  I would very much like to get in touch with this group.

If you know of a "Ferret Fanciers Club" that may have published this
pamphlet, please email me at: [log in to unmask]

          Dick B.