From:
June Franke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:07:44 -0400
Oh for Christ's sake!  It's a COMMERCIAL, not a freaking documentary
on the evils of ferrets.  I find other commercials to be much more
misleading than the Verizon commercial.  For instance, leaving your house
to seek shelter in your SUV during a terrible storm because you vehicle
is safer than your home.  How accurate, or even intelligent, is that?
How much of what we see in commercials can or does actually happen
anyway?  Verizon got what they wanted.  The US is abuzz with their name,
good, bad, or indifferent.

I thought the commercial was hysterical, because I saw it as a
COMMERCIAL.  I believe very little of what I see in commercials, so I
see alot of them as very entertaining.  And if the commercial keeps some
irresponsible person or an irresponsible parent of an irresponsible child
from getting a ferret then so be it.  The ferrets might just be better
off.