From:
Paul & Maryi Mauney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 07:24:11 -0500
Hello fellow ferret lovers,

I just reread my hubby's post "need help finding a vet" and I need to add
alot to it.

Evan is about 16 months old.  He has always been the perfect ferret.  A
bit big but, normal.  He coughed up a furball 2 weeks ago and I of course
have been watching him ever since.  I have been giving him Ferretone daily
and he was eating fine for almost 2 weeks after.  Stools were fine and he
was his normal self.

I noticed yesterday that he is not eating anything but treats.  This is
very unusual for him.  His poop differs at times but, it is seedy and
runny.  He has lost abit of weight, that I had just chalked up to the
season change until yesterday.  He is always ready to play but, all other
times just lays in his hammock.

I separated him from the other five this morning so I can watch his food
and water intake and his stools.  I have not found a vet here that I
trust with them yet.

I had months of past FML's but erased them a while back.  I need any
suggestions I can get.  Any tricks to get him to eat or something I can
give him to supplement his food.  I am calling more vets in the morning.

Thank you so much!

Maryi and the Fuzzy Six