Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2011 06:13:27 -0700
Good Afternoon!

I work in a local pet store where it seems the whole town knows I'm
the Ferret Girl....anyway, I had a regular customer recently contact
me. She is a big time breeder of guinea pigs, and through some odd
circumstances, she has acquired two ferrets. She has a heart of gold,
but flat out told me that she simply is not equipped to take care of
these guys and would prefer to focus on her guinea pigs; as she is not
a ferret person. I have had to move back in with my parents, and while
they love my current group of ferrets, they have put their foot down
about me adding any on; so I was wondering if anyone here would like to
provide a home for these guys?

They are about 2 years old, no health issues that she's aware of (and
she did a fair amount of research upon acquiring them for health
issues). They are due for shots this month; she has their paperwork but
she has only had them in her possession since December. The female is
named Zelda and was described as "whitish cream with a darker creamy
tail and silver flecking", and the male is Snickers, who sounds like a
typical sable, however he has a stub tail due to getting it slammed in
a door and subsequently removed in their previous home. They are both
Marshall ferrets, and both on the small side. She said that Zelda is a
bit dominant, but loves to play; and both have been worked with to no
longer be nippy. Currently they are eating Mazuri ferret food, but have
eaten Marshall, Totally Ferret, and "cheap cat food" in the past; and
both really like cooked chicken on occasion. They are not litter boxed
trained, as the cage she has them in is too small for a litter box,
according to her.

If they go to a good, ferret knowledgable and loving home, they would
be free. I really want to help her, and if I was living on my own, I
would take them without an ounce of hesitation. The reason why it has
taken her so long to make this decision is because she thought her son
was going to take them, but now that has fallen through. She would
prefer if people privately contacted me for her contact information,
but I can say that she is located in Williamston, Michigan. She
currently has no vehicle, but there is a possiblity I may be able to
help with transportation depending on distance and my work schedule. I
know she wants them to go to a good home, but I did not talk to her
about any shelters taking them in (I guess I assumed they were all at
capacity). So, can anyone help her?

Thank you soooooo very much!!!
Betsy and The FuzzButts