From:
"Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 1994 09:04:40 -0400 (EDT)
> It was just like she thought this toy (by
> the way, it's shaped like a high heel slipper) was her baby.

Tracy,

It sounds cute.  My dog Poco did this.  We used to have a duck squeak
toy and only with this particular toy did Poco act like this.  She's
spayed so we thought it was rather odd.  It would squeak and she'd freak
out like we were hurting it.  She'd come up to us and look at us like we
were the most idiotic people ever to handle a baby and gently take it
from us and carry it away and lay down tucking the "baby" by her tummy.
It got to a point that we had to throw it away because her behavior was
too odd.  Everytime it squeaked, she thought "her baby" was hurting.
Now when we visit (she lives with my mom) she thinks the FERRETS are her
new baby duck.  Of course they don't put up with that for very long.
They'd rather play and that snaps her out of her maternal mode pretty
quickly.

Michelle