From:
katharine long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 09:32:04 EST
Well, it finally happened.  On the weekends, Lily and Lany stay out of their
cage all day.  They have various little hidey-holes where they sleep.  I was
in and out a lot on Saturday but kept noticing that I hadn't seen Lily.  I
didn't think about it too much because I hadn't been in the house the whole
time.

About 3:00, I finally decided that I would go look for her to make sure she
was okay.  I have a very active imagination and by this time decided that
she was ill or dead somewhere.  Here's what happened.

They both like to sleep under the dresser in the guest room.  In order to
get them out, I have to take out the bottom drawers.  I did this on Friday
night.  About a half hour after I got up on Saturday, I went back there and
realized that I had not put the drawer back in the previous night.  I could
tell that someone had been playing in there...there was an electric blanket
and the controls and they had definitely been moved around.  Anyway, I put
the drawer back up.  Need I say more????

This was about 7a.m. so when I started the great search at 3p.m., the first
place I went was to pull out the bottom drawers to see if Lily was sleeping
under there.  Imagine my surprise when a head popped up out of the drawer!!!
Boy did I feel like a bad mama.  None the worse for wear (other than being
hungry and thirsty), she jumped out, turned around, and proceeded to get
back into the drawer!  She had also been very thoughtful by moving the
controls out of the way before she pooped while in captivity.  When I saw
everything was okay, I thought it was really funny but I did learn that if I
had listened to my instincts a little more I might have found her several
hours earlier.  Do you think this might be why she and Lany didn't give me a
mother's day gift???