From:
Melissa Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 17:04:18 -0400
Yep, ferrets are and have been bred for fur.  In fact, I believe that's
what the equivelent sort of licence people owning ferrets used to have to
get in many plac, a licence for owning fur animals .  Some places still,
I'll bet.

Ferrets are not one of the most popular fur animals, but they ARE a
commonly farmed fur critter :P Several times I've seen 'fitch' somethings
in the classifieds.  So know you know what 'fitch' means.