From:
Susie Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 21:35:37 -0500
>At one time, heartworm was thought to be impossible to treat in ferrets.  I
>THOUGHT I had recently seen a post on a relatively new, safe, effective
>treatment for heartworm.  Am I imagining that or does someone else remember
>seeing it.
>What I'm looking for is a vet contact, who has recently and successfully
>treated ferrets for heartworm.  Please email.

Dick,

Dr Debbie Kemmerer of Florida has been successfully treating ferrets for
heartworms for quite a long time.  In fact, one of our member's ferrets was
just treated successfully as well as one from Ferrets on the Go.

You can contact Dr K directly at [log in to unmask] for more information.

Happy ferreting!

Susie

PS: Please note the new email address for me.  I'm not sure how long I'll be
able to retrieve mail from the ken2 address...