From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:42:35 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

The WORST bite was not the *hardest* bite I ever recieved, that honor
goes to a long-gone albino named Maya the Moose who thought it was really
a lot of *fun* to hang by her teeth from your hand, she didn't mean
anything evil by it.

No, the WORST bite involved my husband.  (What a shock, shoulda known
he'd be involved, I think he IS part ferret.) Anyway, I was on my way to
a meeting, half-way out the door.  I had dressed nicely for the occasion,
and my husband was impressed.  So impressed, that he didn't want to let
me go right away.  He wanted to give me a squeeze or two on my way out
the door.  I think maybe he was marking his territory.

As it happened, he had just caught Puma, who had been free roaming, by
calling her with a squeakie toy.  This gets her really revved up.  She
came for the squeak sound, and he had her in his hands.  He raised her up
to my face level, put her IN my face, and said to her playfully, "Bite
her nose!  Bite her noooose!"

So she did.  Hard.

Thanks, honey.

I drove to my meeting looking like W.C. Fields.  Big glow in the dark
red nose.  (Sigh.) So much for dressing carefully, looking nice.  Nobody
asked, and I wasn't going to explain.  Let them think it was a zit or
something.  Something reasonable.  Not that my husband had sweet-talked
his weasel into eating my nose.

Alexandra in MA