Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:04:16 -0000
Goth said
>I have it in writing were one rescued raised over [#UK 1,000] in a day
>and still they are saying that there is not enough money for vet bills
>or feeding of their pets.  Several people have been sent by myself and
>others to one so called ferret welfare / rescue only to be told that
>almost 50 of the ferrets in there are the owners pets plus PR ferretd
>and not up for rehoming, but the owner keeps one or two which is so
>vicious that she can not handle it, but if the perspective adopter would
>like to take it then they can, in most cases they do just to get it away
>from the woman.

AS the most inpoortant issue to me is not presonal squabbles, but the
welfare of ferrets i was most interested to read this.  I think it only
right that you should be upfront enough, when making allegations, to at
least name the person you are accusing, and supply some sort of evidence.
It is this sort of comment that leads to friction in the ferret
community.  Some accusing others, when no one really knows who the
person mentioned actually is.

And no one is saying it's wrong to be registered as a charity, bravo to
Ann for her success.  What we are trying to stress is that this would
mean the closure of the smaller rescues, who maybe only take in 10
ferrets a year.  Ann has already told us that it was not easy to achieve
charitable status.  All this red tape will no doubt mean smaller rescues
will no longer bother.  You know as well as i do that if the RSPCA pick
up a ferret and have nowhere to take it, they put them down, or simply
do not rescue them at all.