From:
Jerri Carel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:41:02 -0500
I've just started seeing a new ferret vet.  Moving from IL to KY, it's
been a bit of a challenge finding a vet that I liked, who knew ferrets,
and didn't charge like his advice was laced with gold.

Cosmo is a GCFA ferret.  He's had a tumor growing at the outer opening of
his urethra and it was definately time to have this removed.

In taking him to the vet for the surgety, I explained to him that "you
know, we feret folk are sometimes a little over the edge.....we vocalize
for our ferrets".  He explained that he understood as he's owned by 2
ferrets too.

So I proceeded to tell him the story of Cosmo's week.....

I explained the surgery to Cossie - and his response, being a male, was
"YOU WANT TO DO WHAT, TO WHERE???" And for the remainder of the week, I
saw the strangest thing - Cosmo walking upright on his 2 hind legs, little
hands in front of the area in question, and he kept saying "nothing to see
here, nope, everything's fine........that's my story & I'm sticking to it".

Of course, I didn't fall for it, and the tumor was removed without any
complications.  And MUCH, MUCH to my suprise, a surgery, with Iso gas,
and a teeth cleaning cost me a whole $97.00!!!!!

Cosmo doesn't seem to be talking to me today, but I think he'll get over it.

Note to GCFA members - Cosmo is doing fine and I'm just really pleased with
his strength and over-all health given his age.  He went through a little
depression with the loss of his Sammy, but pulled out of it when our
ferret-sitter was caring for everyone for a week and changed up their daily
routine and stimulated them all a bit.  The vet & staff were all really
taken with how tall & lanky he is and with those big bear-like feet.

Kisses from all -

Cosmo, Hermie, Houdini, Autumn(Pinky), Snowball, Snowflake, Chomper, Bunny,
Samantha(Sammi)and Sunshine.  Of course, it's a full-body grooming from
Autumn rather than kisses!!!

--
Jerri Carel
Louisville, KY