Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:45:12 -0800
Gordon wrote:
>8 in 1 is somewhat good about that but this again founds my feelings
>that this company is not good for pets.  Their quality control evidently
>is poor if it exists at all to have a customer voice that too much malt
>was in the formula.  This one person complained but there had to have
>been thousands of other users that did not and have unacceptable
>material.
>
>My experience with 8 in 1 is my ferrets will not eat their kibble,
>the Yogi's treats nearly killed Bud and this was determined by a vet.
>8 in 1 paid my costs of the kibble and the Yogi's were free in answer
>to my complaint.  They would not pay the vet bills they caused by using
>their products.

Actually I have found 8 in 1 to be one of the best foods for ferrets
on the market today.  And since there are so few quality pet foods
available, I hate to see anyone cross it off their list.  Personally,
I feed my ferrets a mixture of Innova (red bag only because it has low
fiber) and 8 in 1 because I feel the combination is the most nutritious I
can find without having to make my own.  I haven't found even one other
pet food that doesn't have grains or by-products as one of the first 3
ingredients in addition to other chemicals, additives or preservatives.
I challenge anyone to find another brand that doesn't.  Read the
ingredients.  I've read them all.  (Wysong is breaking ground but I
won't feed my cats, dogs or ferrets the rendered meat of baby animals
who have been tortured and killed).

Has anyone ever had a bad experience when grocery shopping?  Did you ever
have to return a product?  Did you ever get sick from eating something
bad, spoiled or outdated?  How many people eat at McDonalds?  Does anyone
eat candy?  Pastry?  Processed food?  Did you stop buying or eating those
products because they are bad for you and you know it will eventually
cause illness if you continue to eat them?  Are the manufacturers bad
because the ingredients in their products are unhealthy?  Should we make
them pay our doctor bills when we get sick after eating them?

Just as we must make good choices when we put food in our own body, we
have a responsibility to make good choices for our pets.  Most of the
Ingredients in any and ALL snacks for animals are not good for them.  In
a perfect world, ferrets should never be given sugar in any form.  But we
all do it - whether it's to calm them when we clip their nails or because
we enjoy the look on their face when they are eating something tasty.  We
do it to make our life easier, not because it's good for them.

I give my ferrets enough ferretone to distract them while I quickly clean
their ears, clip their nails and give fluids or injections.  Their only
"snack" is Bob Churchs' chicken gravy without the honey.  I'm hoping that
will help ward off a disease or two - or at least delay it.