From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:51:57 -0500
Hello friends.

There has been much talk about biting animals (biting stats about dogs vs
ferrets to be more specific) and I just wanted to tell you what I remember
of what I heard on the news here a few days ago.  On the same news there
were two stories of dog attacks that happened on the same evening in my
area.  One happened about 1 hr. drive from here and a 5 yr. old boy was
playing in his back yard and the neighbours two Rottweilers (sp) (they were
unprovoked) attacked him to the point where one arm was almost completely
severed and there was hardly a place on his entire body that was not
bitten.  He will survive but boy the physical and emotional scares that kid
is going to have will be out of this world.  About a half an hour away a
man was attacked (again unprovoked) by either a Rotty or a Shepherd (I
forget exactly).  He wasn't as severely injured as the little boy and I
forget how many stitches he needed but that isn't the point here - he was
attacked by a dog for no reason.  Again I am not sure which dog but one of
these three dogs had to go to the vet for "some repair work" as they called
it.  So far, none were put down and I am not even sure if all of them or
only some of them had to be quaranteened (sp).

I am not going entertain any flames if I have accidently offended anyone
(that is not the intent behind this post) and I am not going to debate here
about dogs attacking people and I am not slamming any particular dog or
their owners, I am merely telling what happened with what little facts I
can remember.  I am just saying that 2 people were attacked by dogs, one
almost to the point of death, and I would bet you that if ferrets were
involved and even if much less damage was done, they would be dead long
ago, no questions asked.

Take care.  Give your fuzzies an extra hug today.

Tryntje Miller.