From:
Sonya Grable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 05:15:34 GMT
Dr. Williams:

What is your opinion regarding vaccinating against CDV in an ill ferret?
Specifically, one that hasn't officially been diagnosed with anything in
particular.  I ask this mostly for Girlie's sake (since you are aware of
her situation), but feel it could be helpful to others as well.  Hers is
due this month.  I pre-treat w/ Children's Benadryl and separate it from
the rabies vaccination by four to six weeks.

What I'm most concerned about is whether or not the vaccination could have
any effect on her current condition.  Could it weaken her immune system
and/or cause some sort of hyper allergic/sensitivity reaction (since a
food or other allergy has been considered in her situation)?

I completely agree with vaccinating against this horrible disease, but
don't want to unknowingly cause her more problems.

Your opinion is both highly respected and greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Sonya