From:
Diane Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 15:49:59 EDT
I can only speak from my experiences with ferrets and the other critters
( 7 ferrets, five cats, and one little parrot), but on the whole with
strict supervision, the ferrets for the most part get along with everyone.

However, my darling Brat tries to pull the cats into her hidey hole by
their scruffs (yes the cats outweigh her by about 5# to 1) to the point she
and Woozle the Wonderful Weasel who enjoys riding the cats like a horse,
are the only 2 the cats really try to avoid.  I find this interesting since
the cats are fully clawed and if they desired could do serious damage to
the fuzzbutts.  The only problem I've had is Woozle and his buddy Duncan
trying to get a drumstick from the parrot.  Now I move the bird up where
they can't reach her when they're out.

One thing that truly amazed me was that the cats reacted as if missing a
dear friend when my other 4 ferrets(at different times) passed over that
Rainbow Bridge.  And while we're on the subject of getting along, please
lets not flame.  If animals of different species can get along don't you
think that people with a common love of ferrets can also be tolerant of
differing opinions?

Diane & all the critters-Brat, Seetpea, Duncan, Rusty. Angel, Tubby and
Woozle plus
Fudge Ripple(KIKI), Ebonsneezer, Blackjack, Violet, Tripod, and Goldie
at the Bridge-Misty, Allie, Storm, and Slinky
Better known as djscritters