From:
Melanie Hough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 16:09:58 -0500
I bought my girl, Daisy, a stuffed carrot with a squeaker inside of it.  Not
knowing how she would react I walked in the door and started squeaking it.
She flew out of her hidey hole and started biting my hand like crazy and
making chattering noises.  She doesn't usually bite.  When I let go of the
carrot she rolled it into a corner and came back and started hissing at me.
Now she does this every time I squeak the carrot.  If I don't let go of it
immediately she makes a strange noise that sounds like a cry.  I've never
heard her make this sound before and she rarely hisses.  Could she think
that this thing is alive and I am hurting it?  She will come and get it when
it squeaks even if she is sound asleep.  Does anyone else have a female with
such a strong maternal instinct?  My boy shows no interest in the toy
whatsoever.

Thanks, Melanie