From:
Rochelle X <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 21:50:35 -0500
        Well, I've found a new toy for the ferrets - or, rather, a new treasure
to cherish and hide forever.  We recently bought our deerhound a booda
ball-and-bone for a toy - its one of those big, multi-colored rope braids for
dogs, and this one has a big rubber ball in the center of it.  Anyway, the
ferrets LOVE to steal it.  The first thing they do when we let them into the
rest of the house in the morning (we keep them in a separate room at night) is
to grab the toy and drag it under the nearest piece of furniture (where the dog
can't get it).  Poor Gruag (the dog) has to lie there and guard her toys if she
wants to see them for the rest of the day, and even that does not always work.
The other day they teamed up - Falstaff distracted Gruag by running around by
her feet, and then Fezzik grabbed the Booda and started dragging it away.  And
Falstaff has even tried taking it away *while* Gruag was chewing on it - Gruag
was chewing on the ball in the middle, and Falstaff grabbed one end and tried
pulling on it.  Boy was he mad when it wouldn't budge!  A 3.6 lb ferret trying
to play tug-of-war with a 95 lb. deerhound...

-Rochelle