From:
Sherry L Christman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 18:50:16 -0400
I am extremely saddened to post this message - my ferrets must go.  Today
was the last straw and I am completely out of patience.  I work 2 full-time
jobs, have full responsibility for the household, and now I'm expecting a
baby (my first).  I generally come home from my first full-time job and then
retire to my home office to run my husband's business from there (anyone
with their own service business knows that it's not a job/career, it's your
life!).  I return calls from the day, do invoicing, accounts receivable,
taxes, payroll - you name it.  It's a full, stressful schedule.

This evening I came home from work and let out my ferrets (as I always do)
and then retired to my office and closed the door.  They are not allowed in
the office with all the computer, etc stuff - it's just too much trouble for
them to get into.

Anyway, I always go out to check on them every 1/2 hour or so, and tonite on
my 2nd check I found a HORRIBLE mess in the kitchen.  They had worked off a
section of the molding around the wall/floor and had been digging away
wallpaper, concrete, tiles - you name it.  They were all covered in dirt,
and I have a HUGE mess.  We live in an apartment (and aren't even supposed
to have these pets) and now we have to find some way to fix this mess.  It's
destruction - there's no other way to explain it.

Unfortunately this is not the first episode.  They have absolutely NO regard
for using the litterbox and have been destructive to our carpeting and other
possessions, as well.  I hate to say it but they have to go!

If someone on the FML knows what I do from here, please advise.  I live
outside of Philadelphia and I want to see them go to a good home.  I just
simply don't have enough time for these messes.  Don't bother condeming me
for buying pets I don't have time for either.  I always spend time with them
every evening, but I'll admit that I don't have enough time to dedicate to
following their every movement to get them to use the box, etc.  It's more
time than I have in a day!

You can post on FML or e-mail me your suggestions.  Thanks :(