From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 20:59:41 -0700
Hello everyone!

I read another interesting article the other day.(wonders how much new
stuff i can learn when reading ferret magazines)  It said that dirt
neutralized the ferret smell.  I got to thinking....o0O(what would happen
if i let buckie dig in a big box of dirt instead of digging on the
carpet)(maybe this would be easier than the dreaded water in the tub??)

I went out and bought a bag of dirt....chemical free, clean.  I poured it
into a BIG plastic storage bucket.  Dropped in the unexpected fuzzy and
watched the dirt fly!  This was the funniest thing i've ever seen.  It
was like he was snorkeling the dirt!  he'd stick his head under the dirt,
shift it into 1st gear, and speed under the dirt untill he hit the wall
of the bucket, then his tail puffed up.

He war danced in the dirt dooking and hissing, this continued, he played
in it for about 5 minutes.... I took him out and rubbed off the loose
dirt.  Smelled him, and oh my gosh.....NO FERRET SMELL!!!!  5 hours later,
he still smells nice!  This is the cutest thing i've ever seen him do!
anyone have any comments or experiences with the "dirty bath" good or bad
they want to share?  also any cautions?

thanks
-valerie

~*~*~ VALERIE ~*~*~