From:
Mustang Charlie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 02:21:40 -0700
Not ferret related, but........

If you give your animals distilled water, they will drink themselves into
oblivion!

It is the minerals IN the water that satisfies thirst.

Good friend of the family lives in Murray, Utah.  They have a true artesian
well on their property.  Water is ice cold from the ground, but..being a
true artesian well, has little to no mineral content in the water.  It can
be 100 degrees out and you drink and drink and drink...but still are thirsty.

I imagine your fuzzies will react the very same way.

Personally, I would never consider distilled water for any of my
livestock (reptiles!) or my furkids....

Joe

PS   Janilee...sorry the server went down earlier tonight..hope your boy
George is feeling better after his adrenal surgery.  I went back to the
room but you never did.....